Regis student working hard to earn a degree

Graduation and Commencement

Graduation Application Deadlines

To be considered a candidate for graduation, all students must file a graduation application with the Office of Academic Records and Registration no later than the published deadline. Graduates must speak to their academic advisor if they have missed their appropriate application deadline.

Graduating Term Application Deadline
(Accelerated, Online and Evening Students)
Application Deadline
(Daytime, On-Campus Students)
Summer 2023 May 22, 2023 January 23, 2023
Fall 2023 September 11, 2023 May 22, 2023
Spring 2024 January 19, 2024 September 8, 2023
Summer 2024 May 24, 2024 January 19, 2024

Graduation Process

Step 1: Ensure with your academic advisor you are on track to graduate. Please note: Your academic advisor is the only one who can verify if you are on track with your courses to graduate.
Step 2: Submit a graduation application. This must be done for every student who wishes to graduate by the deadline as noted above.
Step 3: Once your graduation application is submitted please allow 4-6 weeks for processing.
Step 4: Your diploma will be mailed to you within 12 weeks of your graduation date.
Step 5: If you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony, purchase your cap and gown (regalia) through the Ranger Station Bookstore.
Step 6: A $50 graduation fee will be invoiced once your graduation application is processed.

Contact Information
David Clark Hall, 269
Mail Code: A-08


Diplomas are mailed within 12 weeks of your graduate date. To check the status of your diploma, contact Academic Records at 303.458.4126.

Note: Your legal name will be printed on your diploma. If your legal name has changed, you must submit a notarized Change of Name Affidavit to the Office of Academic Records and Registration.

Commencement Ceremony

Commencement refers to the ceremony that celebrates graduation. The 2024 commencement ceremonies will be held from May 3-5 on our Northwest Denver Campus. Regis will continue to monitor the current restrictions of public gatherings and life events and will announce any changes to commencement in due course.

Ordering Regalia

All students who walk in commencement are required to wear regalia. Regalia can be purchased through the Regis Bookstore and is yours to keep after the ceremony. Regalia cannot be rented, but can be purchased using one of the following options:

  1. Call or email the Regis University Bookstore at 303.458.4150 or email Accepted payment options: Major credit cards, cash, check or book voucher
  2. Order online at 

Regalia should be ordered approximately one month prior to commencement. The Regis Bookstore will be at the commencement ceremony for any last-minute changes, but it is strongly recommended that orders are placed ahead of time to ensure correct gown size and tassel/hood color.

Pricing and regalia color is specific to your degree type. When ordering, please specify your degree for tassel and hood color. Example: Bachelor of Arts or Master of Science (NOT Bachelor of Arts in Communication or Master of Science in Criminology). Hood and tassel color are determined by degree type rather than area of study.

Regis University does not provide Honor Cords, only Honor Societies provide cords. If you would like an Honor Society Cord, please contact the honor society to which you below for order information.